Production notes for auditioners
3 Men & 3 Women, most playing multiple roles
- Male #1: Sartre, Hitler, Worker
- Male #2: Camus, Khrushchev, Hemingway, Genet, King of Sweden
- Male #3: Doctor, Anastas, Stagehand, Picasso, Police Officer, Reporter, Royal Guard
- Female #1: Simone
- Female #2: Wanda, Eva, Messenger
- Female #3: Maria, Olga, Lena, Marthe, Reporter
The play in its entirety is available on this webpage.
Copy of the play (1 MB pdf)
Sartre and Simone (complete play)
No preparation is necessary for the audition. Actors will be invited to ad lib scenes with each other, based on scenarios that we'll provide.
If cast, the time commitment is, at first, only two hours for the initial reading.